At BDO, we use our real-world experience to assist with both inbound and outbound China Business exchanges. Our strength across both New Zealand and China means we are in an excellent position to facilitate business between the two countries.
Our people have extensive experience in:
- Assisting Chinese clients to acquire and operate businesses in New Zealand.
- Supporting New Zealand businesses to export to China.
- Advising expat Chinese in New Zealand.
BDO’s global network and strong relationship with BDO China enables us to provide co-ordinated expertise and support across our key advisory, planning and compliance services. Our goal is to ensure you receive seamless service throughout the BDO network as you embark upon a new chapter in your business.
How Can We Help?
With 16 offices spanning the length of New Zealand and dedicated China Desks in Auckland and Christchurch, BDO can help you do business throughout New Zealand.
We have bilingual staff across all service lines (Advisory, Tax, Audit and Corporate Finance). This means we have capability and experience in delivering assignments in Mandarin., and will work to provide quality advice in a way that is easy for our clients.
China-based Businesses Looking to Enter the New Zealand Market
For Chinese businesses considering a move to New Zealand, we can help with identifying suitable targets, negotiations with management, pricing structures and funding arrangements, financial and operational due diligence, and valuations. We also provide ongoing compliance support, in particular ensuring continuity of audit and taxation services for New Zealand subsidiaries of BDO China clients.
New Zealand Businesses Looking to Enter China
For businesses considering a move to China, we can help you think through matters such as:
- Overall strategy and objectives.
- Supply chain and market perspectives.
- Deciding on the right corporate structure and investment strategy.
- Tax planning matters.
- Choosing the most appropriate location.
- Recruiting senior management.
- Selecting and implementing financial reporting systems.
- Generally providing significant support and assistance to what can be a difficult process.
For established companies, our wide range of services is available to support ongoing development and growth.
- Undertaking due diligence on a primary industry target for a Chinese investment company
- Tax advice to multiple Chinese property investors and developers
- Full accounting offering to a Chinese owned construction company
- Assistance with successful Investor 1, Investor 2 Resident Visa and Entrepreneur Work visa applications
- Business plan development for Immigration New Zealand
- Statutory audit of a Chinese owned entity
- Taxation advice on a range of structuring and international ownership entities.
Whether it’s China or New Zealand that’ll be your port of call, contact BDO New Zealand today to embark on your next business journey..