Sports Business Advisory
BDO New Zealand has a broad range of clients in the sporting space, from individual sports people, to clubs and governing bodies, through to large stadiums, event organisers and high profile teams. As well as offering traditional accounting, tax compliance and auditing services, our Partners can also give specialist advice on a variety of issues. Our service offering to sports organisations includes:
- Auditing, taxation and accounting advice
- Specialist services on risk management, including for stadiums and large sporting events
- Strategic advisory services
- Transaction advisory services to assist when clubs are looking to merge
- Data modelling to help clients to map out scenarios for the future
- A specialist tax service that deals with issues unique to sport
- Benchmarking services to gather and report back on a wide range of data, which will help bodies to make better decisions for the future
What our clients think...
“In year one of Crankworx Rotorua the biggest challenges we faced involved convincing partners that we were going to deliver a world class event on the same scale as Crankworx Whistler. We had no track record and little experience to show that we could do it- just a team with a dream. Despite this, BDO backed our team from the very start by providing guidance with our initial shareholders agreement and tax advice to ensure we got off on the right foot. In addition, BDO has been an official sponsor of the event since those early days.
People ask me why an accounting firm would be a sponsor of a mountain biking event. To me the answer is simple. Stephen and the BDO team understand their clients and the communities that they live in. In March 2017 we delivered our third iteration of Crankworx Rotorua. It has come a long way in just three years and BDO has been with us every step of the way.”
Ariki Tibble, CrankWorx Rotorua Event Manager
"Water Safety NZ is a not for profit society with charitable status. We are the leadership body which advocates for, represents and supports the water safety sector to reduce the drowning toll and injury in New Zealand.
Over the last three years, the BDO team have provided a high standard of technical accounting advice and review of our finance function. We appreciate they understand our sector and the changing political environment we operate in."
Sam Osborne, NZ Triathlete
BDO Sam Osborne. Backing Talent and Ambition. from BDO New Zealand on Vimeo.