Register for: Thursday 7 May, Taxation
As we collectively come to grips with the impact the virus has had on our lives and livelihoods, we’ll be faced with many challenges and decisions. Our ability to adjust and adapt is critical as we move into our next state of normal.
The BDO BACK TO BUSINESS series aims to provide you with valuable insights and practical strategies as you grapple with our new economy, the fallout of COVID-19 coronavirus and your business recovery.
Taxation: Review of COVID 19 Tax Reforms
BDO’s ‘Eye on Tax’ Iain Craig discusses recent COVID-19 tax reforms and relief, as well as strategies to manage payments and work with the IRD. Topics using practical examples will include;
- New rules for tax losses – one year carry back and same business test for carry forward
- Dealing with IRD, managing tax payments and remission of UOMI and LPP
- Wage subsidies
- R&D Tax Incentive and R&D Loss Tax Credit refunds
- Low value asset write-offs
- Building Depreciation
- Changes to Tax Thresholds.