New BDO resources and publications
The Audit section of our website includes a range of publications on accounting standards issues. For example:
- Summaries on a Page (SOAPs) contain summaries of NZ IFRS Standards for for-profit entities and PBE Standards for public sector and not-for profit entities currently in effect in New Zealand.
- Illustrative model financial statements provide illustrative disclosures for entities reporting under New Zealand GAAP.
The BDO Global site includes resources such as:
- IFRS News – BDO's regular update on what's just arrived in the world of IFRS. On this page, you'll find daily reporting of IFRS developments, including exposure drafts, standards and interpretations issued by the IASB and IFRIC.
- IFRS in Practice – practical information about the application of key aspects of IFRS, including industry specific guidance. Recent IFRS in Practice include IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements (2021/2022); Accounting for Convertible Notes; IAS 36 Impairment of Assets (2020/2021), IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows (2019/2020), and IFRS 16 Leases (2019/2020).
- IFRS Intelligence - brings together and summarises key guidance you need to know for the practical application of IFRS. It combines IFRS at a Glance with agenda decisions issued by the IFRS Interpretations Committee and BDO’s practical application guidance (BDO Knows) for issues that are frequently encountered in practice.
- Model IFRS Financial Statements - The illustrative IFRS financial statements are intended to be used as a source of general technical reference, as they show suggested disclosures together with their sources
- IFRS FAQs – provides insights on frequently asked questions on a variety of IFRS topics. These FAQs incorporate BDO's expertise as well as IFRS Interpretations Committee agenda decisions, which relate to the sub-topics.
- IFR Bulletins – provide a focus on the latest developments in international financial reporting.
- IFRS at a glance – ‘one page’ and short summaries of all IFRS standards compiled to assist in gaining a high-level overview of IFRSs, including International Accounting Standards and Interpretations.
For more on the above, please contact your local BDO representative.
This publication has been carefully prepared, but is general commentary only. This publication is not legal or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information in this publication is subject to change at any time and therefore we give no assurance or warranty that the information is current when read. The publication cannot be relied upon to cover any specific situation and you should not act, or refrain from acting, upon the information contained therein without obtaining specific professional advice. Please contact the BDO member firms in New Zealand to discuss these matters in the context of your particular circumstances.
BDO New Zealand and each BDO member firm in New Zealand, their partners and/or directors, employees and agents do not give any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of information contained in this article nor do they accept or assume any liability or duty of care for any loss arising from any action taken or not taken by anyone in reliance on the information in this publication or for any decision based on it, except in so far as any liability under statute cannot be excluded. Read full Disclaimer.