Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Laws
Yavik is an associate in the Taxation Services division of BDO in Auckland, New Zealand.
Yavik joined BDO as a graduate and has over 13 years’ experience in advising on a wide range of tax matters. He has a particular interest in advising on land transactions, vendor and purchaser due diligence assignments, domestic and cross border tax issues for individuals, small to medium enterprises, managed funds and large multinational corporates.
Yavik particularly enjoys working closely with his clients’ delivering practical and effective solutions to complex issues.
His key areas of expertise include:
- Vendor and purchaser tax due diligence.
- Structures for business mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations and restructuring.
- Review of tax clauses in asset and share sale agreements.
- Land transactions.
- Corporate and international tax.
- Advice on taxation compliance matters including income tax, FBT, PAYE and GST.
- Deferred tax and tax accounting under IFRS.
- Managing Inland Revenue audits and disputes.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand Inc (IFINZ)