Natalie head’s up the BDO national technical team and has over 17 years’ assurance, commercial and technical experience in New Zealand, South Africa, the UK and the USA.
Natalie is a specialist in IFRS, NZ IFRS and Public Benefit Entity (PBE) Standards. Her primary focus at BDO is assisting staff and clients with implementation of the requirements of these accounting standards. This involves:
- Consulting to clients about practical issues concerning the requirements of the accounting standards and the likely impact that these will have on the financial reporting of their entity(ies);
- Opining on accounting treatment;
- Providing training on the requirements of the accounting standards; and
- Reviewing entities’ financial statements for GAAP compliance.
- Technical. Extensive technical experience working at BDO as well as in a Big 4 technical department.
- NZ IFRS and PBE Standards conversion assistance.
- Presenter and trainer. Natalie is an experienced presenter and trainer having presented to both staff and clients on NZ IFRS in New Zealand and IFRS throughout Africa.
- Assurance. Natalie has been involved with a number of high profile audits in New Zealand, South Africa, the UK and the USA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Accounting, University of the Witwatersrand
- Bachelor of Commerce , University of the Witwatersrand
- H. Dip (Auditing), University of the Witwatersrand
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the New Zealand Accounting Standards Board Technical Reference Group.