Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand)
Public Practice Certificate (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand)
Frank has over 25 years' experience in public pratice specialising in taxation consulting. Frank joined BDO as a partner on 1 July 2012 on the merger with another high profile accounting firm in Christchurch.
His experience includes advising New Zealand based and non-resident businesses and high net worth individuals on tax compliance issues and tax planning opportunities. His specific areas of interest include business structures, use of trusts, property transactions, mergers/ acquisitions and efficient methods of profit distribution. Frank has provided domestic and international tax advice to a variety of businesses, including those in tourism, hospitality, manufacturing and property development sectors.
Frank is a member of the local CAANZ Tax and Integrated Professional Development committees. He is also a member of the National CAANZ liaison group with the Inland Revenue which deals with operational and tax policy issues.
Recent experience includes:
- Tax due diligence on the acquisition of a business;
- Assisting setting up business structures for clients operating in Australia
- Advising on restructure of corporate group to meet family and commercial objectives, achieving tax efficiencies in the process;
- Advising a New Zealand subsidiary of an overseas company involved in a major infrastructure project on the repatriation of profits and transfer pricing issues;
- Advising clients on business interruption insurance claims and taxation issues arising from the Christchurch earthquake;
- Advising on corporate/trust structures and taxation planning; and
- Assisting businesses with tax arrears to reach settlement with Inland Revenue
Specialist areas include:
- Personal and company taxation
- Trusts and Estate Planning
- Managing tax audits
- Business Restructuring
- Merger and acquisitions
Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Institute of Directors
Bachelor of Commerce