Risk in 2020: Insights for Kiwi Businesses
06 October 2020
Tarunesh Singh, BDO’s Head of Risk Advisory, unpacks our most recent Global Risk Landscape report and highlights the key issues for Kiwi businesses.
In 2020, BDO’s Global Risk Landscape report is in its fifth year, aptly subtitled as: “The integrity index.” Surveying 500 C-Suite executives across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and the Americas, the report takes the temperature of C-suite individuals across the world and provides a reliable read on business’ current challenges and the greatest risks they’re facing
The following 'Risk in 2020: Insights for Kiwi Businesses' white paper outlines:
- the link between integrity and business reputation, and where Kiwi businesses are most exposed;
- the size of the problem - just how prevalent unethical business practices have become in 2020;
- the importance of having a plan – why risk management is so important and what your plan should look like;
- the top 3 risks that businesses are least prepared for in 2020 – how well prepared are you?; and
- where to focus your attention to safeguard your business and build resilience as we move toward 2021.
The white paper also includes a host of other useful resources to help you build resilience and ultimately realise your business’ full potential.
Download your copy of the white paper!
DOWNLOAD THE BDO RISK IN 2020: INSIGHTS FOR KIWI BUSINESSES WHITE PAPER
Risk management framework design, implementation, independent assessment, response evaluations, and assurance
Risk management is simply the integration of a business’ culture, systems, and processes to identify and manage those issues that may prevent it from achieving its strategy. Sound risk management practices can help decision making, support business objectives and prevent loss, damage or harm to the business.
BDO’s risk management framework design and advisory service can help you meet your risk management obligations and accountabilities. We can give you confidence that you are managing your risks effectively and efficiently, and help you to:
- Develop and implement formal risk management strategies, frameworks, policies and processes (including risk appetite statements);
- Identify key enterprise-wide and operational risks;
- Evaluate existing risk control strategies and develop action plans where necessary; and
- Develop management tools to document, monitor, and report on identified risks.
We can also help by providing your board, risk committee, and management team with independent oversight, assurance and advice on mitigation strategies and other controls.