It can be hard to predict when and where the next accounting challenge will come from.
Often, all an organisation needs is the peace of mind that someone has their back and can swiftly provide expert support as and when required.
This is where BDO’s IFRS Advisory team can help.
Services we can provide in this area include:
General on-hand consultation
- Support for ad-hoc consultation on an as-needed basis.
- Scheduled monthly/quarterly/half-yearly consultations for current issues or concerns.
Training and workshops
- Formalised in-house training, customised for an organisation’s specific needs.
- Workshops on specific accounting application challenges, for example:
- New accounting standards – Financial instruments, Revenue, and Leases.
- Transitioning to new accounting frameworks – different treatments and concepts.
- Financial disclosures – including ‘decluttering’ financial statements.
- Complex transactions and balances – including business combinations (mergers and acquisitions), impairment testing of assets, capital raising etc.
- Need-to-know updates on forthcoming changes in accounting standards and other areas of financial reporting.
- Ethics for corporate accountants (i.e. CAANZ member in business)
Note: any of the above can be arranged for formal CAANZ CPD verifiable hours upon request.
If you feel that these services would be a positive addition to your organisation, contact a BDO adviser today.