Our Deal Advisory team combines financial analysis, technical skills and in-depth commercial experience to help you evaluate, plan, and manage various transactions such as acquisitions, mergers, divestments, and strategic alliances.
BDO’s approach to due diligence
Our due diligence approach means we take an analytical view of the entire business, covering financial, tax, accounting, and IT. This allows us to understand the value of the business more accurately. Our reports cover a variety of transactions including disposals of significant assets, corporate restructures, share buy-backs, takeovers, and general merger and acquisition activity.
We help you make the right investment decisions, identify issues early, maintain regular communication, and ensure you're kept fully informed along the way. To do this, we focus on:
- All-inclusive vision. Consolidating due diligence and execution workstreams for a cohesive view of the target business, whether that’s buy-side or sell-side.
- Speed of insights. Advanced analytics highlight data trends or outliers that could indicate value or risk areas.
- Contextualised data. Data visualisations help make a case to stakeholders, from demonstrating uncovered value to planning for integration challenges.
- Deal perspective. We have technical knowledge of due diligence and execution and deep M&A experience to provide you with intelligence that spans the entire deal lifecycle.
Vendor due diligence (VDD)
Our vendor due diligence solutions meet the needs of both trade and private equity buyers. Our VDD reports compile objective information to assist the buy-side due diligence process of purchasers, adding value by reducing transaction risks, ensuring the deal is processed in a logical way, and ensuring momentum is maintained and value is maximised.
Our vendor due diligence process helps identify key aspects of a business that are relevant to potential buyers. We compile objective financial analysis which is presented to the seller and later reflected in a report that is shared with potential purchasers.
Acquisition due diligence
Acquisition due diligence helps potential buyers get a fuller picture of the business they are considering buying. We identify and analyse underlying earnings robustness and future profitability and raise any red flags that may be a cause for concern. Our understanding and experience of markets, sectors and trends, combined with the analytics of the business’s cashflow, operations and earnings will guide your decisions.
Pre-lending due diligence
Before making lending decisions such as advancing new credit or funding an acquisition, financiers need comprehensive advice and insight on the business’s history and performance. BDO’s pre-lending due diligence service provides advice across the capital structure to help identify risk areas and evaluate the financial position, performance, and liquidity of borrowers.
Our transaction services include:
• Acquisition due diligence
• Vendor due diligence
• Independent accountant’s report
• Forecast reviews
• Pre-lending review
• Debt advisory
• Tax strategy and structuring