BDO NZ LTD. Privacy Statement
At BDO in New Zealand, which includes BDO New Zealand Ltd., and all BDO Independent Member Firms across New Zealand (‘BDO’ or ‘we’), we value the privacy of all persons we engage and interact with, including our partners, employees, clients, and suppliers.
This privacy statement explains how we collect, store, use and share your personal information.
- Collection - we only collect the information we require to provide services or carry out necessary functions.
- Source of information - generally, we collect the information directly from you, however, we may also collect information from third parties, such as, other people or agencies. In certain instances, where permitted, BDO Member Firms may seek personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register (view our related privacy notice here).
- Storage and security - we hold the information we collect securely. We store the information on infrastructure owned or controlled by us or store it with a secure third-party service provider.
- Access to information - we have a process in place to facilitate your request to access your information which is held by us.
- Correction of information - we have a process in place in facilitate your request to either correct or to add a statement of correction to your information which is held by us.
- Accuracy - we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use, and disclose is accurate, correct, relevant, up to date, and not misleading.
- Retention - we will hold your information only as long as we require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for a period specified to meet relevant legal requirements.
- Use - we use your information only for the purposes for which it was collected or if required by law.
- Disclosure - we will share your information within BDO, with our authorised personnel or with third parties only in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or if it is required by law.
- Direct-Marketing Communication - We may, from time to time, use your personal information to tell you about our marketing activity, including our products, services, or events which we consider to be of interest to you. If you do not wish you receive any further Direct-Marketing Communication, you can unsubscribe by using the facility provided in the relevant communication or you can contact us on the details provided below.
You can contact us at [email protected] for the following by using this form:
- Any questions or clarifications in relation to how we handle your personal information;
- To access your information which is held by us;
- To request for correction or to add a statement of correction to your personal information held by us; or
- To make a privacy complaint.