Sports & leisure business advisory
BDO New Zealand has a broad range of clients in the sporting space, from individual sports people, to clubs and governing bodies, through to large stadiums, event organisers and high profile teams. As well as offering traditional accounting, tax compliance and auditing services, our Partners can also give specialist advice on a variety of issues. Our service offering to sports organisations includes:
- Auditing, taxation and accounting advice
- Specialist services on risk management, including for stadiums and large sporting events
- Strategic advisory services
- Transaction advisory services to assist when clubs are looking to merge
- Data modelling to help clients to map out scenarios for the future
- A specialist tax service that deals with issues unique to sport
- Benchmarking services to gather and report back on a wide range of data, which will help bodies to make better decisions for the future
The leisure industry in New Zealand has really taken off in recent years, with health trends and gymnasiums springing up all over the country. Our Partners have been here throughout these changes, and have helped our clients take full advantage of new trends such as yoga, pilates and personal training. We've worked with a wide range of:
- Activity groups
So no matter what sort of business you have, we'll help to ensure you're meeting you compliance, advisory and taxation needs. We also have specialist data gathering services, so that you can see where the next trend will be and start moving into the space before your competition gets there. Our forensics offering ensures that, if you're experiencing cost overruns or other financial issues, we'll be able to find out exactly what's gone wrong and help the parties involved to work out a solution.
Leisure and tourism have always been linked and this will continue in the future. Our advisers in each industry work closely together so you'll have the benefit of experts in tourism to help you work out where to move in the leisure space.