Core Business Areas
We are specialist farming leaders in the primary sector and Māori agribusiness arena:
- Qualified professionals that are recognised in their profession
- Farming is in our blood - our staff members come from farming backgrounds
- We have the ability to assign resources to target topical issues e.g. Climate, Emission Trading Scheme and Forestry
- Tailor our own services to your needs - size is not an issue.
We understand that Māori business has the special goal of protecting the taonga tuku iho for future generations. With this in mind, we value working together for the advancement of whānau, our community and the next generation.
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi, he toa takitini - My strength is not as an individual but as a collective
- We can offer technical advice and support to make your business prosper while still ensuring sustainability for your people and the planet
- Our people have extensive knowledge of land-based business, including Te Ture Whenua Māori Land Act 1993 and Treaty Settlements
- We value the importance of a multi-level relationship with our clients – interacting on all levels from governance boards and committees of management, to farm management/employees through to shareholders and extended whānau.
Business Coaching and Training
Developing the capability and performance of your people by providing professional training courses in several key areas:
- Leadership and management skills
- Business acumen and knowledge
- Team and individual effectiveness
- Interpersonal skills
We can assist with the selection, implementation and support of a range of accounting systems which include Job Management, Payroll, Reporting and Automated Systems. Our team also have expertise in various cloud-based accounting software systems which include:
- WorkflowMax, Figured, Receipt Bank, Spotlight, Payhero and Reporting
People and Performance
Our specialist team offer comprehensive HR support for your business with services that go beyond accounting and financial advisory services:
- Employment advice – disciplinary processes, performance management, restructuring
- HR Health Checks – a process to understand your businesses HR practice and provide you with feedback and possible remedies programme
- Employment compliance – employment agreement development and advice
- Recruitment and Selection – profiling tools and candidate assessment
- Workplace engagement
- Legislation compliance – wages, holidays and employment.
- Tax centres of excellence - experts in GST, FBT and PAYE
- Growth Potential - our tax advisors seek to understand your business, its growth path and they ultimately aim to make sure they recognise your business goals.
- Business and Personal Tax Planning - includes establishing optimal business structures, tax due diligence, entry/exit strategy planning.
- International Tax Compliance - we have international tax experts available to ensure you comply with international tax laws.
- Emissions Trading Scheme - we can advise you on current legislation and the steps you need to take to protect your forestry assets.
Contact BDO Gisborne