Why BDO Taranaki?
At BDO we pride ourselves on being a fantastic employer. We believe that our business is about helping people. We are committed to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. In doing this, we’ve created a culture of respect and a unique business structure to back it. We offer a flat management/self-managing structure where you can maximise control over all aspects of your work, relationships and learning including a flexible leisure bank system.
We will get to know you and learn what matters to you, making it our business to back you every step of the way.
We have an exceptional team with an active social club, sports teams and regular team activities.
BDO in Taranaki is part of one of the largest and fastest growing accounting and advisory networks in New Zealand. BDO is unlike other accounting organisations. We are different because we have the flexible characteristics of a local firm, together with the specific expertise, worldwide network and strength of a large-scale global firm. It is through our people that we deliver exceptional client service and maintain our position as the voice of the mid-market. BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations. We have clients of all types and sizes, in every sector.
Our business is built on exceptional relationships. We focus on what’s important to our clients and adopt a partnership- style approach. We’re responsible and reliable, we keep our promises, and maintain communication. That’s how we do business.
Current opportunities available
- Fantastic opportunity to grow your experience and knowledge across commercial/rural and Not for Profit sectors
- Be part of a dynamic, future focused, locally owned, national and internationally backed firm
- Work your way with our flexible working arrangements
- Join a firm that values your strengths
- Bring your Business Advisory skills and bring your ideas, we value diversity
A challenging and rewarding career where you will be exposed to a wide variety of client work. You will have the opportunity to work closely with clients and build strong relationships with them. We are looking for an exceptional person with a pro-active approach and a can-do attitude to join our Business Advisory Services team.
This client facing role will focus on a broad range of services with an emphasis on growth.
The successful candidate needs to have:
- Relevant business advisory experience in a public practice environment
- CA qualified (preferable)
- Sound knowledge of complex accounting and business matters
- Excellent communication skills
- A focus on people and relationships
- Strong analytical skills, to be commercially intuitive and hard working
- A desire to become an integral part of BDO with ambition to make your mark on the industry
If you can see yourself excelling in this role and believe that you possess the skills and attributes - we are looking for you. Please contact Lisa Potter at [email protected] or on 06 7599034 for a confidential chat.
This is an exciting internship role which provides:
- full time work over the summer holidays (Nov-Feb)
- a chance to experience working in a Chartered Accountancy environment
- an opportunity to work with our great friendly team
- be first in line for a suitable graduate position on completion of your degree
If you want to join our team you need to be:
- in your first or second year of University study
- working towards an appropriate accounting degree
- intending to return to Taranaki to work on completion of study
- team player and self-starter
- keen to work in all aspects of our chartered accounting practice
We will be taking applications for this role in August so keep an eye on our Facebook and LinkedIn page around this time for more information. For any enquiries please contact Lisa Potter - HR, Learning and Development Manager at [email protected] or on 06 7599034
What our staff have to say
“BDO Taranaki provides me with a vast range of opportunities, there are many areas of business advisory that you can specialize and be interested in and at BDO there are many teams that cover these areas which are available for you to join. Another aspect I enjoy is the relationships that I have built with co-workers and clients – these relationships make working at BDO easy and make the days go fast” – Liam Nelson, Chartered Accountant
“When I first came to New Plymouth, I was looking for an accounting firm to join and BDO caught my eye. I wanted to join BDO because I’ve heard great things about their work culture and employees. The flexibility and amount of time and resources BDO spends on each of us to transition us into the team is huge and I find this amazing, and as a Graduate Accountant I am introduced into all kinds of jobs which is helping me learn a lot.” – Colin John, Graduate Accountant
“My family moved to Taranaki at the end of 2020 and I was lucky enough to become part of the fantastic BDO team. BDO has such a great feel about it, everyone is very friendly and supportive. I get to be part of such a diverse team with so many different skills. I feel very lucky in my role as I get to help solve our client’s software frustrations so that they can concentrate on their core business.” – Mary Donovan, Xero Advisor