Money laundering affects everyone, everywhere. The proceeds of every single crime need to be laundered, and no matter what sector that money goes into, this distorts the market as a result. This is why BDO New Zealand is proud to have a specialist anti-money laundering service that has helped countless businesses and financial institutions stay free from criminal activity. We work tirelessly to ensure you're meeting your risk and compliance obligations, monitoring suspicious activity effectively, and know your customers and any potential hazards inside and out.
Our anti-money laundering services
BDO New Zealand offers the full range of anti-money laundering services. We take an A-Z approach that covers everything you need it to, from designing Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) risk assessments and compliance programmes, to working on audits and training. Our services include:
- Designing AML/CFT compliance programmes - We design a programme that enables you to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Act.
- Risk identification and assessment - We'll look at all aspects of your organisation to identify and assess the extent of any risks that may be present, taking into account new technologies, identity fraud and overseas trends.
- Training programmes - We offer training programmes for all levels of your organisation to ensure everyone, from directors down to frontline banking staff, are aware of their compliance obligations and protocol.
- Audits - We conduct AML/CFT audits for regulated institutions to ensure they comply with their two-yearly audit requirements. BDO will also help clients respond to any irregularities raised by the regulatory authority and assist clients with their audit preparations.
- PEP screening - We undertake politically exposed person (PEP) screening to ensure you can assist customers under high-scrutiny while still keeping to your compliance obligations.
- Adverse media screening - We'll go through news and media releases to help institutions monitor press regarding both individuals and entities.
- KYC advisory - The team at BDO are experienced Know Your Customer (KYC) advisors, and can provide a detailed analysis to help financial institutions build a profile of an individual customer or entity.
Each of these service offerings is tailored to the individual needs of the client in question, taking into account any changes in the regulatory and anti-money laundering landscape.