Directors’ Breakfast - Backed by BDO
06 July 2018
On Tuesday 3rd July, BDO Auckland hosted their second Directors Breakfast event on the topic of Maori Business investment.
Key points from the breakfast include:
- When working with Māori be authentic, be genuine, building relationships take time
- Long-term decisions are values based
- The success of the hakathon was due to the power of millennials, the culture of the region hosting the event, for international guests the ‘wow’ of the panorama, purpose and collaboration; characteristics that can be transferred
- The Māori tech sector is an incredible success story
- Opportunities for investment locally and internationally are rich
For additional insights which guest speakers Mavis Mullins and Barry Soutar kindly shared with Kylee Potae (BDO Partner and Maori Sector Leader), check out the below video.
Directors’ Breakfast - Backed by BDO from BDO New Zealand on Vimeo.
Guest speakers Mavis Mullins NZOM - Rangitāne, Te Atihaunui-a-Paparangi & Ngāti Ranginui, Barry Soutar – Executive Director at T3W, and Kylee Potae – BDO Partner and Maori Sector Leader facilitated an open, interactive discussion with guests on the significant Maori business investments and opportunities in New Zealand and internationally.
For more information on the Maori economy, BDO Maori Business Sector services or you wish to discuss your challenges and goals as a Director, click here.