Directors' Breakfast: Māori Business Investment
28 May 2019
Tuesday 3 July, 2018
BDO Auckland hosted Directors and Senior Executives to a breakfast forum tackling the topic of Māori Business investment.
Key take-aways from the breakfast included:
- When working with Māori be authentic, be genuine, building relationships take time
- Long-term decisions are values based
- The success of the hakathon campaign was due to the power of millennials, the culture of the region hosting the event, for international guests the ‘wow’ of the panorama, purpose and collaboration; characteristics that can be transferred
- The Māori tech sector is an incredible success story
- Opportunities for investment locally and internationally are rich
For additional insights with guest speakers Mavis Mullins NZOM - Rangitāne, Te Atihaunui-a-Paparangi & Ngāti Ranginui, Barry Soutar - Executive Director at T3W, and Kylee Potae – BDO Partner and Maori Sector, check out the below video.
For more information on the Maori economy, BDO Maori Business Sector services or you wish to discuss your challenges and goals as a Director contact the BDO Maori Business team.