With less than 90 days to go … Are you confident that you will be compliant with the requirements of the AML/CFT Act 2009 by 1 July 2018?
To be compliant, by 1 July 2018 you must have appointed an AML/CFT officer, trained your staff, have an AML/CFT programme in place, and be effectively monitoring compliance.
Without a set of structured steps to lead you towards developing and implementing a successful plan we believe that there is a very high chance that you will not be ready by 1 July 2018! BDO Tauranga are organising a series of practical workshops to guide you through the journey of developing a practical AML/CFT programme for your legal business.
At the start of our workshops we expect you to have a general understanding of the requirements of s57 AML/CFT Act 2009, but not much else. Here are some of the details:
- 5 collaborative workshops, each running for 3 hours, spread over a period of a month
- Space for 10 attendees - all lawyers or conveyancers
- Facilitated by 2 experienced audit professionals Andrew Sloman and Donna Kemp
- Simple objectives for each session concentrating on practical advice
- BDO will provide resources and templates to assist with documenting your AML/CFT programme
- You will be expected to spend 5-10 additional hours on “homework” between workshops to build on the workshop content and to document and develop your AML/CFT programme.
By the end of the last session we expect you to have appointed an AML/CFT compliance officer, created an AML/CFT programme, and understand how to monitor compliance going forward.
|Attendance at the series of 5 workshops
||$2,500 (plus GST) per person
Optional formal review of the plan you have developed, including specific written feedback, after the last workshop
|$1,500 (plus GST)