Be COVID-19 prepared for 31 December 2020 and 31 March 2021
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak poses a serious public health threat. It is interrupting the movement of people and goods throughout the world, and many levels of governments are implementing restrictions on individuals and businesses. These actions are likely to have a devastating impact on the global economy and many businesses, which will have a flow-on effect to 31 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 financial statements.
This hands-on masterclass series will have you ready to prepare 31 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 financial statements reflecting the impact of COVID-19.
Presented by BDO’s NZ IFRS Advisory experts and using multiple practical case studies, it will assist you to develop an approach to follow when your organisation is preparing 31 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 financial statements and set you on a path to be ‘audit ready’.
Session 2: NZ IFRS 16, NZ IAS 10, NZ IFRS 2
Through the use of multiple practical case studies and interactive activities, attendees will gain an in-depth knowledge of accounting for:
- Rent concessions (both by lessors and lessees)
- Events after reporting date on financial statements
- Modification of share-based payments
This interactive workshop is ideal for
- Financial Controllers
- Finance Managers
- Those involved in any aspects of financial or corporate reporting
In this interactive workshop you will learn:
- How to appropriately account for rent concessions as a result of COVID-19 (both by lessors and lessees), and how to apply the new NZ IFRS 16 amendment for COVID-19 related rent concessions for lessees
- How to identify and assess the effects of events after reporting date on financial statements
- How to appropriately account for modification of share-based payments
What you will receive
By attending this workshop you will receive:
- A participants workbook with practical case studies (prior to the commencement of the session)
- A solutions workbook (after the workshop)
- Presentation slides (after the workshop
Find more IFRS Advisory Virtual Workshops