New BDO Publications
The Audit section of our website (https://www.bdo.nz/en-nz/services/audit-assurance/news-resources) includes a range of publications on accounting standards issues. For example:
- Summaries on a Page (SOAPs) contain summaries of NZ IFRS Standards for for-profit entities and PBE Standards for public sector and
- not-for profit entities currently in effect in New Zealand.
The BDO Global site includes resources such as:
- IFRS at a glance – ‘one page’ and short summaries of all IFRS standards.
- IFRS News at a glance – provides high-level headlines of newly released documents by the IASB and IFRS related announcements by securities regulators.
- Need to Knows – updates on major IASB projects and highlights practical implications of forthcoming changes to accounting standards. Recent Need to Knows include IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers - IFRS v US GAAP Differences (Dec 2016), IFRS 16 Leases (July 2016), IFRS 9 (2014) Financial Instruments – Classification and Measurement (April 2015), IFRS 9 Financial Instruments - Impairment of Financial Assets (Dec 2014), IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Aug 2014), and Hedge Accounting (IFRS 9 Financial Instruments) (Jan 2014).
- IFRS in Practice – practical information about the application of key aspects of IFRS, including industry specific guidance. Recent IFRS in Practice include IFRS 16 Leases (March 2017), IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (2017) IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers - Transition (July 2016), IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (July 2016), IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements (Feb 2016), IFRS 9 Financial Instruments (Oct 2015), IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows, Distinguishing between a business combination and an asset purchase in the extractives industry (March 2014), IAS 36 Impairment of Assets (Dec 2013) and Common Errors in Financial Statements – Share-based Payment (Dec 2013).
- Comment letters on IFRS standard setting – includes BDO comments on various projects of international standard setters, including Exposure Drafts and other Discussion Papers, when it is considered that the issue is significant to the BDO network and its clients. Latest comment letters include IASB ED 2017 04 Property, Plant and Equipment – Proceeds before Intended Use, IASB ED 2017 02 Improvements to IFRS 8 Operating Segments;, IASB ED 2016-01 Definition of a Business and Accounting for Previously Held Interests - Proposed amendments to IFRS 3 and IFRS 1; IASB ED 2015-3 Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting, IASB ED 2015-5 Proposed amendments to IAS 19 and IFRIC 14, and IASB ED 2015-1 Classification of Liabilities.
For more on the above, please contact your local BDO representative.