New BDO Resources and Publications
The Audit section of our website includes a range of publications on accounting standards issues. For example:
- Summaries on a Page (SOAPs) contain summaries of NZ IFRS Standards for for-profit entities and PBE Standards for public sector and not-for profit entities currently in effect in New Zealand.
- Illustrative model financial statements providing illustrative disclosures for entities reporting under New Zealand GAAP.
The BDO Global site includes resources such as:
- IFRS at a glance – ‘one page’ and short summaries of all IFRS standards.
- IFRS News at a glance – provides high-level headlines of newly released documents by the IASB and IFRS related announcements by securities regulators.
- Need to Knows – updates on major IASB projects and highlights practical implications of forthcoming changes to accounting standards.
- IFRS in Practice – practical information about the application of key aspects of IFRS, including industry specific guidance. Recent IFRS in Practice include IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements (2021/2022); Accounting for Convertible Notes; IAS 36 Impairment of Assets (2020/2021), IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows (2019/2020), and IFRS 16 Leases (2019/2020).
- Comment letters on IFRS standard setting – includes BDO comments on various projects of international standard setters, including Exposure Drafts and other Discussion Papers, when it is considered that the issue is significant to the BDO network and its clients.
For more on the above, please contact your local BDO representative.
This publication has been carefully prepared, but is general commentary only. This publication is not legal or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information in this publication is subject to change at any time and therefore we give no assurance or warranty that the information is current when read. The publication cannot be relied upon to cover any specific situation and you should not act, or refrain from acting, upon the information contained therein without obtaining specific professional advice. Please contact the BDO member firms in New Zealand to discuss these matters in the context of your particular circumstances.
BDO New Zealand and each BDO member firm in New Zealand, their partners and/or directors, employees and agents do not give any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of information contained in this article nor do they accept or assume any liability or duty of care for any loss arising from any action taken or not taken by anyone in reliance on the information in this publication or for any decision based on it, except in so far as any liability under statute cannot be excluded. Read full Disclaimer.