New resources and publications
New BDO resources and publications
The Audit section of our website includes a range of publications on accounting standards issues. For example:
- Summaries on a Page (SOAPs) contain summaries of NZ IFRS Standards for for-profit entities and PBE Standards for public sector and not-for profit entities currently in effect in New Zealand.
- Illustrative model financial statements providing illustrative disclosures for entities reporting under New Zealand GAAP. Recent model financial statements include:
- Tier 1 Public Benefit Entity (Not-for-Profit) for the year ended 31 December 2018
- Tier 2 Public Benefit Entity (Not-for-Profit) for the year ended 31 December 2018
- Tier 1 For-Profit Entity for the year ended 31 December 2018
- Tier 2 For-Profit Entity for the year ended 31 December 2018
The BDO Global site includes resources such as:
- IFRS at a glance – ‘one page’ and short summaries of all IFRS standards.
- IFRS News at a glance – provides high-level headlines of newly released documents by the IASB and IFRS related announcements by securities regulators.
- Need to Knows – updates on major IASB projects and highlights practical implications of forthcoming changes to accounting standards.
- IFRS in Practice – practical information about the application of key aspects of IFRS, including industry specific guidance. Recent IFRS in Practice include Applying IFRS 9 to Related Company Loans in the Real Estate Sector, Applying IFRS 9 to Related Company Loans and an update of previous versions on IFRS 9 Financial Instruments (issued May 2018), IFRS 16 Leases (Feb 2018) and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (2018).
- Comment letters on IFRS standard setting – includes BDO comments on various projects of international standard setters, including Exposure Drafts and other Discussion Papers, when it is considered that the issue is significant to the BDO network and its clients.
For more on the above, please contact your local BDO representative.